Dream To Make Believe review by Armor for Sleep

• Released: Jun 3, 2003
Armor for Sleep: Dream To Make Believe

A lot of people don't know that Armor for Sleep had an album before "What to do When Your Dead". As that cd, Dream to Make Believe is a concept album, talking about how you can escape reality in the dreamworld. Most people like to put AFS in the "emo" category, but that's all just opinion. Although the guitars aren't that exciting or anything, they're still solid and sometimes some unique stuff is thrown in.

01. Armor For Sleep - an instrumental opening track; usually I don't like instrumental intros, but this song sounds all dream like and is pleasant to listen to. 02. Dream To Make Believe - the lyrics in this song are just amazing, everything flows in it. My favorite track, great song, and this is showing Armor for Sleep at their best. 03. All Warm - verses are kinda bland, but the chorus is really catchy and pretty much makes the song. 04. Being Your Walls - when I said they put some interesting riffs in here and there, this track shows what I mean. Trippy guitar riffs and I guess these are pretty emotional lyrics. 05. My Town - single off the album.Very Catchy riff, and lyrics are pretty damn good. 06. The Wanderers Guild - verses are mellow, and then the chorus picks it up with some nice power chords. Lyrics aren't as appealing as others, but the song gets the job done. 07. Frost And Front Steps - personally I don't like this song, becuase it sounds repetitive and boring compared to others. Lyrics are decent tho, worth a listen. 08. Phantoms Now - guitars sound pretty good, but the lyrics are lame. One of those tracks that you don't skip, but you don't really get into. 09. Raindrops - mellow song, and lame everything. Worst song on the album. 10. Kind Of Perfect - this, if anything, is emo. Very slow song, very emotional. The lyrics are very emotional and meaningful, and event ho it's a little slow for my taste, I do enjoy this song. 11. Slip Like Space - another song with cool guitar riffs. The lyrics are very different, but in a good way. The way Ben sings it makes the song. Very good for an ending song.

If all my Armor for Sleep cds were stolen, I would only get this one again. This album has a lot more replay value than What To Do When Your Dead, and has fewer tracks that you would skip. I can't really say anything bad about this album, besides the 1 or 2 tracks that don't really show anything. This album is amazing, and I recommend this album to anyone who enjoys more mellow stuff.