Smile For Them review by Armor for Sleep

• Released: Oct 30, 2007
Armor for Sleep: Smile For Them

I've been waiting for this CD for a very long time and Armor For Sleep, as always, absolutely thrilled me with their current release "Smile For Them". The Band has once again improved their overall sound but has kept it similar enough to bring back amazing memories of their previous album "What To Do When You Are Dead?" The use of edited and electronic rhythms and background noise once again perfectly establishes an amazing mood when listening to the CD and carries on all the way through. Armor For Sleep evolves their style to the next level keeping listeners interested, but yet not loosing that classic Armor For Sleep style we've all grown quite fond of.

Ever since "Dream to Make Believe" Ben Joregensen's lyrics have absolutely thrilled me in the way he pours soul and emotion into his lyrics. The lyrics match with the rhythm of each of the songs perfectly and makes the already amazing instrumentals of each song even better through his raw emotion.

Must listen songs: Smile For The Camera, Williamsburg, Lullaby, Chemicals, Stand In The Spotlight. I don't think I could find anything wrong with this disc even after listening to it well over a dozen times. The songs are unique yet fit together quite nicely and you'll be looking up sheet music for some of the songs almost immediately so you can play along. If you were a fan of any of their previous albums you will be very impressed and satisfied with this one and even if you haven't heard them before I suggest logging onto their website and giving some of the tunes a listen. Definitely worth the money!

Boxiii
    Totally disagree with the review. Although I love armor for sleep, this cd was disappointing. Most of the songs don.t have any replay value at all, and really the only good songs are the songs they released before the album came out. Dream to Make Believe will always be their best work.
    boybrshedred777
    This cd was amazing, I have nothing bad to say about it. Another thing is they play all these songs very well in concert. I saw them not to long ago and they were amazing. Great stuff for sure... I give the cd a 9 out of 10.
    Kingsway96
    Id give the cd a solid 8.5, but What to do when your dead is my favorite because of the music and the concept behind it
    Its_Rock77
    MissingAChance
    Its_Rock77 wrote: my only disappointment is that you didn't put end of the world as one of the "must listen songs" :p:
    I COMPLETELY AGREE
    Boxiii
    lol I bet half of the people who listen to AFS don't know what Dream to Make Believe is
    Krevzi
    Its hard to compare "What to Do When You are Dead" to "Smile For Them" when the two albums have very different structures. Each album Armor For Sleep puts out is unique and I think that's what makes them so great.
    daemo
    this album rocked...their last album rocks....the album before it rocked! they all rocked....AFS is rock and roll