What To Do When You Are Dead review by Armor for Sleep

• Released: Feb 22, 2005
Armor for Sleep: What To Do When You Are Dead

Wow. I was seriously impressed. It was just one of those days where you pick up random CDs and bring them to the listening station to see if you found anything you liked. I did. I had not heard Armor For Sleep before, nor had I ever heard of them but they have a great sound. Mixing great vocal parts with equally enticing guitar and bass lines on almost every song on here. The disk is worth the ten to fifteen bucks you'll spend on it.

Also was quite impressed. There are some times when you here some emo band screaming to what could be the dumbest lyrics ever but these have some depth and some meaning. The whole album basically revolves around this theme about a boy being dead and wandering around a familiar place as a ghost. The singer just pusts so much intensity and passion in these words that you can believe for a second that he's actually this character who has died. Great job all around.

Now if you like My Chemical Romance, Bayside, or Hawthorne Heights you will easilly like Armor For Sleep's "What To Do When You Are Dead." In all honesty, it holds par to all of their albums, and in some cases surpases them. Best songs would have to be "Car Underwater" and "The Truth About Heaven." Both have great lyrics and vocals. That's what is most impressive about this album and band. The singer. He has an imense amount of talent and you really got to hear it to understand. This is totally worth whatever they charge for it.