What To Do When You Are Dead review by Armor for Sleep

• Released: Feb 22, 2005
Armor for Sleep: What To Do When You Are Dead

This album is totally breathtaking. I picked up this album because I had heard good things about their first album, and I was very happy with this CD. It's probably one of the better CDs I've bought before. The guitar, bass, drums, vocals, everything just goes perfectly into place.

These lyrics are the best lyrics I've ever seen from a emo band. At first read I thought it was a story following a dead kid who tries to come back home and he misses all his friends but when he comes back he is rejected and he finds out they have moved on, but if you interpret the lyrics it's about the singers' real life and that the lyrics about dying and being invisible are just metaphors for him feeling unoticed and finding out his friends never cared about him. I think the singer has a great voice for his genre and he can write great lyrics that fit perfectly with the music. On the last track he even puts ina nice scream. I hope to see more screaming on the next album!

This is by far the best punk/emo album I've bought. It's not an album I can ever see myself getting sick of. I can definetly listen to each song all the way through and not get bored. I love everything about this CD and I think one of my favorite parts is on the last track how the singer repeats the bridge from the truth about heaven. This is a masterpiece. Great choruses, verses, bridges and impressive guitar bass, and especially drum, pieces. I like the uniqueness on quick little flight. It's a peacefull little break from the rest of the album and it's different than anything I've heard. It's very much worth the 15 bucks I spent. If I lost it or it was stolen I would buy it over and over and over.