What To Do When You Are Dead review by Armor for Sleep

• Released: Feb 22, 2005
Armor for Sleep: What To Do When You Are Dead

Recently I attended the Warped Tour, and had the privelage of hearing this great band. Upon my return to town I immediatley bought their CD and I'm glad to say I wasn't dissapointed. A band with the regular emo sound that you would hear at warped with a great twist thrown in. Awesome guitar riffs accompanied by the powerful drumbs really helped to bring out the best this band has to offer.

Overall I was really pleased with the lyrics on this album. They dove deep into the human emotions and helped to tell stories from members of the band without the cryptic tongue. Anthony Dilonno can create phrases and lyrics out of seeming nothingness of ordinary everyday things. My favorite lyrical song is by far their current single "Car Underwater."

If I were to compare it to other albums, I coudln't. I think this band is in a league of its own. The best songs on the album are Car Underwater, More You Talk The Less I Hear, Basement Ghost Singing, and Walking At Night, Alone. Not to say the other songs arent good, but these are great. I love the whole emo vibe Antony can give off with his lyrics without having to succumb to talking about bleeding in every song. A very impressive CD, I recommend it to everyone who is a fan of the genre.