What To Do When You Are Dead review by Armor for Sleep

• Released: Feb 22, 2005
Armor for Sleep: What To Do When You Are Dead

I was speechless. Someone told me about these guys, and I never even downloaded anything about them, I just went straight out and purchased this cd. The opening track, Car Underwater, blew me out of the water. The guitars in this are all so well done, Whether it's the clean tones or the heavily distorted tones, their all very well played. The drum beats, too, are very well done. Congratulations to Nash. The bass is simple, but it gets the job done. Overall, the instruments are done well, although, the real power in this album is the singer. Ben's vocals are done twice as good as the first albums, with more expression on the emotions in his voice. On the first album I thought of his voice as bland and boring. But on this album, he does a great job.

The lyrics are indeed, the albums strongpoint. From the opening track, Car Underwater, the lyrics bring you on a journey of a man who's ghost came back to follow around his old lover. These lyrics can also make connections to Ben's life in a whole, as'well. The lyrics fit directly in with the music. They fit perfectly in with the guitars and whatnot. Sheer perfections. "Put your heart on your sleeve and watch me pull it down." That, my friends, is a memorable quote from Stay On The Ground, one of my personal favorite tracks.

Overall, the best songs are: Car Underwater, The Truth About Heaven, Awkward Last Words, and I Have Been Right All Along. Armor For Sleep are a band that I can't compare to anyone else. They get their emotions out without screaming at the top of their lungs, and unlike most emo bands; aren't 100% depressing to listen to. If I lost this album, I woulden't go buy it again, because I'd probaly be in a corner having a panic attack because I can't find it. Afterwards, however, I'd instantly run to the nearest HMV/Cd Plus location, and grab another copy. This is a complete listen, that can be enjoyed again and again. If you haven't already done so, buy it!

XxWoRdSoFsOrRoW
    omg this band blows there lyrics writer sucks so bad he has to think hes dead just to make good song lyrics so there just a bunch of emo gays that need to die
    Solipsism
    Someone who dislikes this band actually managed to click through about 4-5 webpages, just to leave a comment that hardly anyone will read. What the hell is wrong with some people!!??
    bblacksheepp
    you sound like a total douche face, congradulations, and on and off caps is retarded. why dont you go die?