Revelation Review

Armored Saint: Revelation
Release Date: Mar 7, 2000
Label: Metal Blade
Genres: Heavy Metal
There's an aura of solid professionalism about the record that renders it at least listenable throughout, and sometimes that's enough.
 7.9
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Revelation Reviewed by: zakkwaterpark, on march 14, 2007

Sound: Armored Saint has a pretty traditional heavy metal sound. That is not to say they do not put their own stamp on it, but the first impression is a classic metal sound. This album kicks ass, but in a different way than Pantera or Maiden. If I wanted to hear them I would put them on. Revelation is an honest, badass, metal record that is not for posers. // 8

Lyrics: John Bush is an excellent vocalist. Anthrax has benefitted greatly from his talents. He can be brooding as wells as devil may care. This album is very well sung. I really like the suspense created by the vocal bulding in "Creepy Feelings," an excellent song featured on a live Metal Blade compilation. // 8

Overall Impression: When Armored Saint is good, they're great. This CD shows them in top form. I mean Master of Puppets is great, but if I hear Disposable Heroes one more time my head's gonna explode. This album is fresh metal from a veteran band. Armored Saint only plays for the satisfaction and joy of metal. It shows. Tension, Creepy Feelings, The Pillar, Pay Dirt, and After Me, The Flood are some great tracks from this album. "If someone stole this ablum I wouild shoot them from a bell tower yadda yadda yadda." I have purchased this album many times. It is hard to find now, so order it online. You will not regret it. // 8

Comments