Army Of Anyone review by Army of Anyone

• Released: Nov 14, 2006
Army of Anyone: Army Of Anyone

So finally, the long awaited release from Robert & Dean DeLeo (Formerly from Stone Temple Pilots) frontman from Filter, Richard Patrick and former David Lee Roth drummer Ray Luzier. I must say this record is everything you would expect from probably one of the most talented groups out there. Very reminiscent of STP with a mix of Filter and incredible Rush-like drumming. On some of the songs like their first single, Goodbye, It Doesn't Seem to Matter, Non Stop and Father Figure, you will find more of a harder STP/Filter hybrid with blistering fast drum-work, the signature sound of guitar/bass from STP and the soaring, yet calm vocals from Richard Patrick. On tracks like Disappear and A Better Place, the band takes slower pace with a little more melody.

Richard Patrick. If anyone is familiar with his work from Filter, you all should know that he has that gritty, industrial voice for the most part. On this album, however, his voice is a little more tame and controlled, allowing for a more versatile approach. I must say I was impressed with his vocal ability, but I kind of wished that he brought that grittiness that made Filter successful. The good thing, though, is that at no point during this album did Richard feel like he was trying to match Scott Weiland, at least in my opinion.

Overall this a great album if you are a fan of Filter, Stone Temple Pilots or if you favor mainstream rock. Don't expect this to be a heavy-oriented album and you will most likely enjoy this record. My favorite songs would have to be Goodbye, It Doesn't Really Matter, Non Stop, Father Figure, A Better Place and Disappear. The entire album is very solid and should appeal to just about anybody. If this album were stolen or lost I would just buy it again, seeing as it was only 6.99 at Best Buy, and for that this album is well worth your money.

Twiggy81R
    Love the new album. Great reviews. I've been waiting quite a while to hear Richards voice again.
    Instrumetal
    lol...i remember a bot for these guys got in trouble a while back...good times. sounds like good stuff tho.
    DaliLama
    The bass player is great, I'll always remember being fascinated by the basslines on the STP songs from the radio
    edvedfan1
    freakin rocks. i would highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of stp or filter