Allegiance review by As Blood Runs Black

• Released: Jun 6, 2006
As Blood Runs Black: Allegiance

This album dropped in '06 and I just picked it up not long ago. This is an earlier version of deathcore, and I love this album. They had it together before some big heavyweights of the genre. The problem is, and it has affected many good bands, the line up changes. That can wipe a band out. Anyways the album is very good and the musicianship is stellar. These guys would be bigger if they had their stuff together and didn't wait five years to put out their sophomore effort.

The "Intro" is an instrumental and then goes into "My Fears Have Become Phobia", which is exactly what a deathcore song should sound like. The lyrics and sing titles go well together and this version of ABRB sou, very cohesive. The name of the band, the song titles and the music are spot on everything I like about deathcore. "Brighter Side Of Suffering", "Chug, Chug" and an instrumental called "Pouring Reign" are all standouts.

They sound better than a lot of their cohorts and like I said earlier, if they had not had the line up problems and put out an album quicker they might be bigger or more well known. I wish this album had more songs and less instrumentals. I listen to this quite a bit and I can tell you its a short album, maybe 35 minutes, which I like. As Blood Runs Black is a good band and this a solid disc. Check it out.