Come Now Sleep review by As Cities Burn

• Released: Aug 14, 2007
As Cities Burn: Come Now Sleep

Come Now Sleep is the band's secong album. Their first, Son I Loved You At Your Darkest, had lots of screaming. This time around lead singer Cody shows that he has a unique, but excellent singing voice. Come Now Sleep is a lot different from there first record, but in my opinion it's a lot better. The music is great and will make anyone want to play along with it. The band is extremely talented and has created amazing hardcore music. As Cities Burn is great for fans of Circa Survive and The Receiving End of Sirens.

Most of the time when listening to music I don't really care about the lyrics and I just listen to the guitars. That's not the case in Come Now Sleep. Though the music is great the lyrics and vocals are awesome to. Cody's voice is like no one elses. His voice is kind of high pitched, but he can go from singing relativing soft to all out with ease. The lyrics match the music perfectly. Each and every song is powerful.

Come Now Sleep is one of the most solid records out right now. The best songs on the record are Empire and This Is It, This Is It. Both excell in music, lyrics, and vocals. Everytime I listen to either I find myself singing along. The last song on the CD is Timothy. It's a long, mostly instrumentel song. The song is billerent and a perfect ending to a perfect record. Come Now Sleep is flawless and one of my favorites. This CD should be apart of everyone's collection. If I lost it, or it was stolen I would sprint to the nearest store that sells CDs and buy it again. If you don't already have it, buy it.

!normajean!
    I just started listening to this album yesterday. The lyrics are so awesome. Timothy is my favorite by far. The solo is so beautiful that it made me tear up a little.
    saxonmar
    I love ACB I love this album but i love their old album to their just so talanted in lyrics and music, and very underrated
    PringleMan
    I love acb so much, lyrically cody is amazing and the guitar work is beautiful.
    mike_biro727
    I'm typically into heavier stuff, but that's not the case with these guys. This is my favorite album by them (possibly by anyone), and even on Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest, my favorite track was The Widow. When they play softer stuff, they convey much more emotion and beauty, as well as excellent guitar work.