Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest review by As Cities Burn

• Released: Jun 21, 2005
As Cities Burn: Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest

As Cities Burns debut album "Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest" is a perfect mix of hardcore screaming, and soothing ballads. Cody, there lead guitarist has an amazing talent of writing songs. He always has these simple scales that go in perfect with the song. Another thing about this band that a lot of people would like in a band, is that every song sounds different. In "Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged" the song startes out with immediate screaming. But in "One:Twentyseven" The song has a soothing intro. Overall every song on this record is amazing.

The lyrics of as cities burn is a lot different than others. The whole CD is based around the name of the record. "Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest" I find that the lyrics in "The Widow" and "Of Want And Misery: The Nothing That Kills" are the best written. A lot of people may find the singer to be annoying on the CD, compared to live. He has an original scream, but some people find it to screchy. As for me I love it.

As Cities Burns CD "Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest" stands out from every other cd today. The most impressive songs on the album would have to be "Bloodsucker Pt. 2" and "Of Want And Misery: The Nothing That Kills" I would definately by this CD again if I lost it!

myvaliantleap
    It's weird because I was listeing to them and I get on UG and there is a review of this cd. Anyways, I don't get why you say that you would buy the cd again if you lost it and that every song on the cd is amazing but at the top you say it is inconsistent, and some songs are more memorable than others.
    2krazy
    i love this cd. i like every song on it except #5, but other than that it is am aweome cd and i think TJ is one of the best screamers around.
    azn-rabbit
    iquitmyscene13 wrote: These guys are probably the worst band I've ever seen live. Even their hardcore fans at the show were shaking their heads in disgust. I think half the people left before they were over, including me.
    then you're gay
    Chronus
    it sucks that they are breaking up, thankfully they decide to record another CD before they do.
    Grebble
    i love Of Want And Misery dunno y the genre says alt metal tho...theyr post-hardcore
    SirKirmit
    man yeah on most cds you have like 1 or 2 songs that you just love... i love every song on this one why isent there a reveiw for come now, sleep?
    >>Eric<<
    Ok, they for one are amazing live, I would know, I'veseen them twice. You and your "hardcore fans" must have issues or just listen to suck. And SirKirmit, I submitted a review for Come Now Sleep, it should be up soon.
    iquitmyscene13