A Long March: The First Recordings review by As I Lay Dying

• Released: May 16, 2006
As I Lay Dying: A Long March: The First Recordings

The sound of this album does AILD there best impression with the throaty vocals and the speeding double bass drums you CD hear in every track and along with the 2 great guitarists you get an awesome metal band with a point. The CD includes revamped versions of songs off there earlier albums which are "Illusions," "Forever," "Reinvention," "The Begining," and "The Pain of Seperation."

Lyrics relate to the band's struggle through the hardships. The following are the lyrics to the first five tracks which are the re-recorded tracks.

I thought this was AILD best album yet and I hope to see much more like this from the band and I hope to see them get better just as they keep getting through there years together. Also I hope they stay as good live as they are now because in my opinion they are better live than on the CDs.

NoSoupForYou711
    SlashRules
    def. gonna pick it up, i've heard some of the raw versions of the songs off of friends computer, but i think i'd like to have the CD for myself.
    theguitarist
    Checked. Stop debating what genre this band belongs to. The comments aren't here for discussing that.
    ThatCrazyKid
    nooupforyou, tim lambesis (the lead singer) screams, but their bassist does the singin. look at the music video for the song confined.
    LakeboDom
    NoSoupForYou711 wrote: LakeboDom wrote: Nathanial_ng wrote: nope their quite unlike trivium but their still as good as trivium =) Wayyyy better than trivium noooo wayyy not at all, they are good, but the solos aren't as intense, and the singer may be a damn good screamer but his singing voice is really disappointing the few times he actually DOES sing. Still AILD is a good band and this is a great album, me and my guitarist picked it up, I liked Shadows Are Security a little more than this one tho.
    you do realize that the screamer doesnt sings its the bassists, check your info dude