A Long March: The First Recordings review by As I Lay Dying

• Released: May 16, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
As I Lay Dying: A Long March: The First Recordings

This is, a really crappy CD. I like their new CD and whatnot, but this CD just sucks! The screaming is horrible. I can't stand it. When I bought, I thought it was one of there good albums. I was totally wrong. I only like the one song on it "Behind Me Lies Another Fallen Soldier," that is the only song I personally like from it. Some of the guitar riffs are good, but the singing just completely kills it.I know some people are die hard ASID fans, but you have to say this album is not very good. 27 songs, sure, it's got loads of songs but they are not all of good quality. Some people will agree, some wont, but that's what I say for the sound of it.

O my god. The singing was mediocre but the screaming was just horrible. He has improved on his screaming since the first album by quite a bit, but the screaming was bad. It sometimes sounded like they were just throwing random words and screams with riffs. Horrible signing skills.

This, compared to other albums, not comparable. Most of the time that means it goes, but this one sucks! But compared to their new album shadows are security, it is garbage. The best song from this is album is behind me lies another fallen soldier but that's it. The guitar intro for the beginning was pretyy good but that is it. If I lost thise peice of crap, I'm would probably choose britney spears over this. But I would get the newer album.

boyan89
    true..AILD rule but Trivium are defenitely better and they are true metal Now
    EndOfNothing656
    dude who gives a shit about genres of diff metal, music is ****in music... triviums old stuff used to be good before the crusade, dont get me wrong i like the crusade but they sort of pussied out like slipknot
    dicer4
    yeah this cd is shiiiitttt the only good song is "forever" when tjhose guys were righting this cd they "quickly forgot how this was meaningless"