An Ocean Between Us review by As I Lay Dying

• Released: Aug 21, 2007
As I Lay Dying: An Ocean Between Us

This is possibly the most technical bass drum album I have ever heard. Jordan Mancino has once again amazed me with his skill on drums. I have been a fan of his for the longest time as well as an AILD fan. Phil Sgrosso and Nick Hipa also have taken a step into different territory. New sound and all both of the talented guitarists have changed their style but not enough to piss off the fans! I was kind of disapointed to see that Clint Norris left but not too far behind him, Josh Gilbert is here to pick up where Shadows Are Security left off. Overall no matter what, the band wouldn't be whole without Tim Lambesis. I noticed that his voice and screaming pattern has changed alot, deeper and stronger than Shadows. In the end An Ocean Between Us is worth it for any metalcore fan, I am glad I took the time to get it!

The lyrics are basically the same as the last onerelationship, struggles, and modern Christianity still amazing work though. The lyrics were both powerful and insightful. Tim Lambesis is an amazing vocalist, but I know that his voice will eventually give way, so we have to enjoy the music he produces until he's gone.

Amazing technical metal heavy shit, I loved it and I recommend it for any metal fan to hear. I would buy it again. The most impressive song to me would have to be either Sounds of Truth or Comfort Betrays. It reminds me of Lamb Of God with Ashes Of The Wake.