Frail Words Collapse review by As I Lay Dying

• Released: Jul 1, 2003
As I Lay Dying: Frail Words Collapse

First off, they are freakin awesome, the guitar licks are insane, and they are played fast enough it's kinda hard to keep up with though. They are one of the heaviest groups I have ever heard. The drummer is completely insane, apparently loves double bass sets. And the bass is great and gives a strong sense of power in it. The only thing really weird about them is that most of the song sound really similar. Other than that they are awesome.

The lyrics can't be unerstood easily when hearing it, but when you read them you find that the yare in a positive outlook. With most heavey metal bands you find demon worshipers but these guys are firm christians. That suprised me when I found that out.

This band surpasses almost any band you can think of. They are heavier than Slipknot, but their lyrics are as possitive as Creed's. All of the songs were just plain crazy which is what I love to find in music. There isn't anything to hate about them unless you hate the style of music that it is. I didn't buy it in the first place, my friend bout it and let me burn a copy of it. But I would buy it if I didn't have the stuff already saved on my comp.

angels side
    DeMoNhUnTeRuLeS wrote: Before listening to this, I mainly focused on guitar-oriented music (Metallica, Slayer) and sometimes it seemed like it could get heavier and faster but nobody was doing it to the extent that I was craving. if you are craving fast music, then listen to Dragonforce! They have the fastest solos i have ever heard. Way faster than Metallica (but Metallica still kicks ass). Plus their solos are literally 2 1/2 minutes long. thats longer than some punk songs
    Dragonforce F***ing sucks!!!! All they do are solos that do not even go with the damn music. Same with metallica and slayer. All speed metal sucks. Trivium used to be good but their new album that i bought sucked so much that the same day i bought it i returned it. And metallica and slayer (and any other 80's-90's band for that matter)need to quit making albums and going on tour. they are just emabarrassing themselves. Hardcore, Screamo and Metalcore rocks and speed metal sucks. Enough said.
    UK4tw
    First and foremost this is a great metalcore album, probably one of my favourite metalcore albums ever made. Catchy riffs, thunderous drumming, Aggressive vocals, everything down to a T. A more 'raw' sound in comparison to their later albums, which is what I prefer. Oh, and lets stop talking about Dragonforce, because they're boring, cheesy, and shit live. Brap.
    Revenger#11
    Forever is awesome. Actually this cd totally rules. One of the best metalcore cd's i've heard
    cotton3434
    Dragonforce blows... and they're infinitely overrated. Didn't like As I Lay Dying much either, though. Mostly because they don't seem to have anything I haven't heard before (unlike All That Remains and Shadows Fall, and Trivium, I guess, but Trivium isn't as good as the first 2, imo). Screaming's ok, in certain doses, but after a while, it gets old. Sure, bands like Trivium, Shadows Fall, and All That Remains scream a lot, but they have something to break up the monotony (when they actually sing, and show they can do more than scream). It gets old when there's so many bands doing the same thing. I only listened to 5 of AILD's songs, so I wouldn't really know if they get more diverse. But I don't really feel like trying to get into them again.
    angels side
    Dragon force F***ing SUCKS!!!! all they do is solos that dont even go with damn music.AILD is Wayyyyy better then any speed metal band, whether it is metallica or dragonforce. i dont even know why people even like speed metal. And metallica (or any othe 80-90's band such as Celtic Frost and Slayer) need to stop making albums and going on tours. they need to quit while they are ahead. they are just imbarrasing themselves.Trivium used to be cool but now they are going into speed metal. There newest album that i bought was so dumb that i returned it the same day i bought it.Screamo,hardcore and metal core are awsome, speed metal sucks. Enough Said.
    bass_emagdnim
    I much preferred this album to shadows are security. And everyone likes forever dude The drumming in undefined is aaawesome too
    TheRattle§nake
    Lyrics are well written,playing is good and fast, but every song just sounds the same to me altough they have different meanings. I like screamo and this is an average band in my opinion.
    screamo-freak
    i completely agree with you NCsoloist. as i lay dying is and always will be a hardcore christian rock band.
    DeMoNhUnTeRuLeS