Shadows Are Security review by As I Lay Dying

• Released: Jun 20, 2005
As I Lay Dying: Shadows Are Security

Believe it or not, As I Lay Dying has become even better. In my opinion, Frail Words Collapse was one of the best metalcore albums ever released, now it's a close second to Shadows Are Security. The drummer has the fastest double-bass kick I've ever heard in a band and has some of the most technical drumming around, and yet he's improved. The guitarists never cease to amaze me and their sound is just more complex than before. The vocals are just as crazy.

The lyrics, like on the previous album, are personal. He writes from the heart but it's in no way like an "emo" band. The lyrics go well with the music and all fits in to place. The vocalists have always been among my favorites and his scream is just unquestionably good.

My favorite songs on this album are Confined, Repeating Yesterday, Through Struggle, Control Is Dead, and Illusions, I like every song however but these just stand out. I love everything about this CD, just so well done, production is excellent as well. I think any fans of AILD will not be dissappointed and any new fans will be hooked. Everyone who is a fan of this genre should buy it. If it got stolen or if I lost it I would kill whoever stole it and take it back or buy a new one. Definetly not a sophomore slump, more like a sophomore improvement.