Shadows Are Security review by As I Lay Dying

• Released: Jun 20, 2005
As I Lay Dying: Shadows Are Security

If you can find a more brutal, migraine inducing hardcore band on the scene today, I'd love to hear it. Tims vocals are just insane, and the music backing him up doesnt fall short. The guitar riffs are insanely fast, addictive, and catchy. The rhythm guitar is very well coordinated with the lead guitar, it just meshes so perfectly. The drumming is second to none, Jordan is a genious. When I heard FWC I fell in love with these guys, they're sound is incredible. I didn't know how they would improve that with the next CD, but they did. Even better, they actually through a few more-than-decent solos into the mix. Some songs that really stood out to me were Confined, The Darkest Nights, Empty Hearts, Repeating Yesterday, and Meaning In Tragedy.

The lyrics written by Tim are interesting, to say the least. They are written on an incredibly deep level, everything this guy writes comes from his heart. The lyrics in The Darkest Nights really stood out to me. The way Tim manages to write with such a positive outlook impresses me.

Shadows Are Security was an amazing album, no doubt. I was blown away hearing it the first time, the sound this band puts out is just about as subtle as a massive head trauma, it's incredible what they can produce. If your into hardcore/metalcore, buy this CD now, your collection just isn't complete without it. If this CD were lost, I'd buy 2 more, one for a safety deposit box, and the other for my CD player. If it were stolen, I'd hang the buttmunch who stole it by his genitals. Then go buy it again.