Shadows Are Security review by As I Lay Dying

• Released: Jun 20, 2005
As I Lay Dying: Shadows Are Security

As I Lay Dying has definitely made the metalcore album of the year. I see why in an interview Lambesis said this wasn't a full blown "concept" album but its deifinitely a huge step up from FWC. Jordan Mancino has gotta be one of the best damm drummers around these days. From his intricate breakdowns to double bass drums sounding like a cannon assualt rifle being shot out. The guitarists will blow your ears out with fast tremolo picking and hard drives. Another noticeable thing is the longer song duration compared to FWC. Kickass Sound.

Tim's lyrical skills have improved as well as everything else on the album. Definitely not "emo" but the lyrics are filled with personal thoughts instead of satanic plaguing or blood and skulls etc. AILD has always had their christian faith and you can find it throughout the lyrics strongly and Tim shows it proudly. Tim remains to hold on to his deep filled roars and pitch changing through verses and chorus.

Well along with Darkest hour's new album thia album is definitely on my top list of kickass CD's. I highly suggest picking up this album. For AILD fans who like the first album or just metalcore fans in general. I gaurantee you will not be dissapointed.