Shadows Are Security review by As I Lay Dying

• Released: Jun 20, 2005
As I Lay Dying: Shadows Are Security

First off, the sound is incredible. I have to tip my hat to the guitarist who I believe deserve a bit more soloing time, but that's me. The drummer also deserves some credit for the awesome double bass. The way the music collides but sounds so perfect is great and not to mention mesmerizing. I doubt many people could capture the sound they put out.

Tim, got to tell you I like the vocals on this album better than the last one. I noticed that right off, his scream was, in a way, mor deep and controlled. The lyrics he writes (as you probably already know) are deep and from the heart. I was still in question whether they were Christian or not but after reading them I knew for sure they were. The lyrics go great with the guitar and really is the icing on the cake!

As I Lay Dying really blow me away, so in comparison to other artist, I can't say they really compare to any others lyrically or sound wise. The geatest songs on the album really has to be (in my opinion) Confined, Meaning In Tragedy, Through The Struggle, and Truth Of My Perception. The best thing about AILD is the way everything comes together to create some the best music I have heard in awhile. If my cd were stolen, I would definitely buy it again. All in all, AILD is a must for any metal lover or maybe even some Christians looking for new music.