Shadows Are Security review by As I Lay Dying

• Released: Jun 20, 2005
As I Lay Dying: Shadows Are Security

The sound quality was very impressive. I believe Tim Lambessis (vocalist) produced this album himself, though I could be wrong. Anyways, vocals are top notch, the riffs are fast and catchy, and the drumming is like no other. The only problem I have with the sound is that a lot of the songs sound very much alike. Even then, I still love every track on this album. One of Zao's guitarists comes in on the track "Control Is Dead" as well. Also, you'll hear a remake of Illusions from their self-titled album.

I love As I Lay Dying's lyrics. As always, they are passionate and full of meaning. Tim's vocals and lyrics complement eachother, and they always flow perfectly with the instrumentals. The lyrics are a bit different style than off FWC, but still just as good and just as meaningful.

This is a most excellent metal album. If you are a fan of bands like Haste The Day, Still Remains, and/or The Agony Scene, you will love this album. A must have for any metal collection. My favorite songs were Meaning In Tragedy, Confined, Empty Hearts, Darkest Nights, Reflection, Repeating Yesterday, Control Is Dead, The Truth Of My Perception, and Illusions. All very good songs, but like I mentioned earlier, most of them sound alike. But what makes them different makes them worth listening to. I would definitely buy this album again if it were stolen or lost. It is a great follow-up to "Frail Words Collapse."

Salt The Fries
    this album is the first one i bought and i am not going to lose it! this band is just AweSome!!!