Shadows Are Security review by As I Lay Dying

• Released: Jun 20, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 1.3 Junky
As I Lay Dying: Shadows Are Security

I have no problem with the sound quality, I just hate this music in general. If the members actually had any talent and stopped screaming like thry're throwing a freakin' fit I might actually not recieve a headache when I listen to this genre of music.

I can't understand one word they're trying to get across to you. They're "christian" even though they're playing satanic music. This whole genre of music is some of the worst stuff spawned out of modern day. If you want to hear real metal musicians who don't falsely label themselves to steer clear of bad boy reputations, listen to bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden. You can hear real music, or something close to it.

Overall bands like As I Lay Dying and Underoath, etc. are the worst thing t happen to music since lip synching and rap. At least those fake studio voices don't give me a friggin migraine. Hopefully my crusade to revive the classic rock sound is successful someday so people will see these bands for what they really are, fakes.

GreenScreenMovi
    As I Lay Dying is definately a very talented band, there one of the few bands that I can never seem to pick a favorite album from. So in my book, I'd have to put them up high in the "hard working" bracket.
    Modernmusich8er
    Classic stuff like Zeppelin, Rush, Cream, The Rolling Stones, Van Halen, back when there were real musicians.
    Modernmusich8er
    RIP Dime wrote: Modernmusich8er wrote: This band is terrible That's your opinion you stupid mother****er, do us all a favor and shut the **** up if you have a terrible bias against a type of music you shouldn't write a review about it. They have worked very hard and deserve to be on the top of thier stlye of music, witch they are.
    What they are producing is not music. the lead singer sounds like he's screaming his ass off at his girlfriend while he's beating her. The guitarist does nothing but simple pull offs, the bass player follows the guitarist, and the drummer just pounds on the double bass pedals. Real talented group there. If you play any instrument you'll realize that. I'm a guitarist and a damn good one to boot. Bands like AILD piss me off because they make money off of producing crap, while people like me and other bands like Rush devote their whole life to their instruments and music and make either less or an equal amount of money as AILD. THEY HAVE YOU BRAINWASHED, DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!!