Shadows Are Security review by As I Lay Dying

• Released: Jun 20, 2005
As I Lay Dying: Shadows Are Security

Wow. Never heard anything better than this! Loads of effort gone into the song writing music. All the instruments and vocals work as a team to make an ultimate. Everything just seems to flow and work. The guitars sound like they are singing, and it all just fits. The recording material was brilliant. If you are a fan of metalcore, the songs on this album will make your heart stop. This sounds amazing! I would give it 11 if I could.

The lyrics are good, they sing about how the world is and God helps. You have to look carefully to interpret the meaning of the lyrics. But they are good. The screaming style is my favourite, you will never hear someone scream like Tim Lambesis, and you always know who it is, it is such a definite sound! The lyrics and the pattern they sing them has no connection, it all goes to the music. Brilliant!

This album left, and still leaves me crazy. Its a crave, you just want to hear more and more. I love frail words collapse, but there is just something about this album! All the songs are amazing, best are Meaning In Tragedy, Confined, The Darkest Nights, Repeating Yesterday, Through Struggle, The Truth Of My Perception. I love everything about this album. Wow!

WaRl0cK101
    well to be honest, not ever grows up to like thta style of music modernmusich8er. i have been surrounded with metalcore for a while and its grown to be one of my favourite genres. as i lay dying are a great and and deserve to be where they are now, they have came along way since 'beneath the encasing of ashes. so dont tell people what to listen to. people can listen to what they want. everyone has a different background and music taste.
    xmurderoticax
    AS I LAY DYING!
    i think frail words collapse was good, but they didn't have a bassest then, and now with clint norris on the bass, it sounds heavier.
    Kiotaka
    Modernmusich8er wrote: xmurderoticax wrote: Modernmusich8er wrote: RIP Dime wrote: Modernmusich8er wrote: This band is terrible That's your opinion you stupid mother****er, do us all a favor and shut the **** up if you have a terrible bias against a type of music you shouldn't write a review about it. They have worked very hard and deserve to be on the top of thier stlye of music, witch they are. they are professional musicians playing at a very low level I'M PISSED BECAUSE I'M A REAL MUSICIAN MYSELF AND I'M BETTER THAN ANY OF THE GUITARISTS IN THE BAND, HOWEVER THEY'RE FAMOUS,I'M NOT. THAT'S WHY I'M SO PISSED!!!!! so freakin cry about it. Just because you're pissed off that you're wasting your life giving bad reviews to excellent cd's, doesn't mean you can shoot down every band that comes along. I don't even know why you're reviewing this because Metallica and Iron Maiden have hardly anything in common with the metalcore genre. And since when is metalcore satanist music? You can't just base a whole genre around a religion, that's so freakin absurd. I think the next time you have something negative to say about a cd, maybe you should check out what the band/music/scene is actually about. I'm not basing the genre on religion. I'm saying they suck musically and metal and christianity don't mix. So let me clarify myself. I'M NOT BASING THE GENRE OF METALCORE ON RELIGION, I JUST THINK THEY'RE CRAPPY MUSICIANS AND DON'T DESERVE TO BE FAMOUS, BUT IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO IT, GO AHEAD, BUT ASID ALONG WITH SO MANY MORE NEW BANDS ARE A DISGRACE TO THE OLDSTERS LIKE THE WHO, THE BEATLES, LED ZEPPELIN, RUSH, JIMI HENDRIX AND THE OTHER CREATORS OF PROGRESSIVE MUSIC IN GENERAL. THERE'S A LONG LIST OF PEOPLE ROLLING OVER IN THEIR GRAVES RIGHT NOW, I'D LIKE TO NAME THEM OFF. JIM MORRISON, JOHN BONHAM, JIMI HENDRIX, JOHN LENNON, KEITH MOON, CLIFF BURTON, KURT COBAIN, FRANK ZAPPA, BON SCOTT, RANDY RHODES, AND MANY OTHERS. NEW MUSIC HAS DEPRIVED THESES GUY'S OF THE HONOR AND RESPECT THEY DESERVE!!!!!
    God damn!! Shut the hell up! We don't give a shit ppl!
    Chrome Fiction
    Sixpounder
    There pretty sweet, i havent heard this album yet, but if its as good as thier other one ill buy it. But are they a christian band?
    Modernmusich8er
    Chrome Fiction wrote: You complain about AILD being crappy musicians, and then name great musicians like Kurt Cobain. Go buy a guitar before you brag about how amazing you are, idiot... I thought this was an ok album. All the songs do sound the same at first, but they've got some really good songs like Confined. The drummer is excellent.
    i actually own a guitar and play alot HA!!!!
    keepitsimple
    Modernmusich8er what the hell is you're problem As I LAy Dying is as talented of a band as you'll find these days and nothing you can say will make them bad. Maybe the reason you're not famous is because people can't stand you're whinny, bragging, pissed off jeaulous attitude if it's not from the fact that you can't play guitar.
    keepitsimple
    although the classic bands are also my favorite, you can't say these guys suck...btw progressive bands are progressive in case you didn't realize that, if they just copied the founding rock n roll and metal bands they would just look and sound like posers.
    Antzzang
    A real musicians listens and respects all different kinds of genres. My friend is alot like you Modernmusich8er where he only listened to the oldies music. I admit the oldies was great music alot of talent, but you don't haev to be biased. Just keep that shit to yourself and tolerate it instead of bithcing about how they suck.