Shadows Are Security review by As I Lay Dying

• Released: Jun 20, 2005
As I Lay Dying: Shadows Are Security

First things first. As I Lay Dying owns all your bands, unless godsmack is your band. The band sounds great on this album, great guitar work and the drummer does a great job too. Of course, you have the wonderful screaming to go along with the sound, which makes the world a better place. This is a great metal band, and the only other band I'd recommend over these guys is Lamb Of God.

The lyrics are actually better than what you'd expect from a guy who screams every song. It seems he bases the lyrics on life situations and beliefs he has, since most of his songs are about being alone. The lyrics sound great with the songs even though the lyrics don't really match what you'd picture people who scream to loud music to sing.

This is my favorite album by these guys. 'Confined', 'The Darkest Nights', and 'Control is Dead' are my favorite songs off of the album, but just about every song is a good one. I like the fact that these guys can actually rock the metal sound instead of most bands who act like they can. Also like how their songs are more of a challenge to play on the bass than most other bands.

shiznac
    yeah As I Lay Dying ragglefragglejfksdjfdsfjd jfbeerbeerjsfjsjfsjfsjfjs ljfsjfjs dljfbeerbeerbeerj dskjfsjfdsirueoiwurewkcmc xnvcxnv,ncxcndxc ndeathmet al No but seriously these guys rock
    shiznac
    Nathanial_ng wrote: Modernmusich8er we know you listen to simple plan so pls just stfu about stuff that isnt poppy enough for your ears.
    hey man linkin park is my second favorite band and these guys are a close fourth