Shadows Are Security review by As I Lay Dying

• Released: Jun 20, 2005
As I Lay Dying: Shadows Are Security

I love the way they sound. They have very good melodys in all of there songs with plenty of breakdowns that just bring the music together. Their guitarists are always together and never miss a beat and I have to say that they have some of the craziest, fastest music around. If you don't believe me, find a live video and watch their guitarists and listen to the bass drum. I swear your mouth will drop open.

There lyrics are extremely well though out. I'm not exactly sure how they relate to Christianity because the band is listed as christian metal. The vocals always stay on top of the music and goes well with it, and the singing is great. I'm not sure if they used a different backup singer than they did with their last album but it's a big improvement.

I could not compare As I Lay Dying to any other artist. When I heard the song "Confined" before the album's release, I had to pre-order it. It was so amazing that I couldn't stand to just think about how good the other songs would be. If I lost it, I would cry, and then be happy again cause I'm smart enough to make CD copys just in case that does happen.

86th fret
    I'm not gonnna read all these comments, but I just wanted to say that it pisses me off that those people rated everything a 1, then went on to say how much they suck and have talent whatsoever. Wow, I hate people like that. It takes no talent to scream and play double-bass that ****ing fast? It takes no talent to make up riffs and write songs? I'd like to see you do better.
    boyan89
    AS I Lay Dying ****ing rule theyre guitar is insane and their drums are ****ing crazy!!
    boyan89
    take back that comment for sure except for the drums and this album is okay but the past 2 albums sucked
    jmjx803
    If you like these guys, you sould check out Destroy The Runner. AILD's old guitarist is in this band. They're not as brutal, but definitely have the same guitar sound as them.
    boyan89
    nvm now I take back that comment let me reinstate it Guitars are ****ing awesome,Drumming is insace,bass is cool and the screaming is brutal and ****ing awesome just what I love!!!LONG LIVE FUCKING METAL!!!!
    <the_last>
    can we all agree that modernmusich8er is stuck in the 80s, cmon buddy i dont prefer old stuff like rush and other stuff of that type, but i dont go to every cd labeled in that genre and bash it to hell. can you show some maturity? if you dont like it, dont buy. simple as that