Free All Angels review by Ash

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
Ash: Free All Angels

I'm a big fan of Ash. Their music is different on every album yet still good. Free All Angels is abit more "poppy" then other albums but it still has the energy that Ash always provide.

Tim Wheeler is one of the most gifted vocalists to come out of Ireland. I would say he is on a par with Bono. The lyrics fit perfectly to the music. There's a Star is a perfect example of how well they gell together. The lyrics are also innovative if not inspired. Shining Light containing all the elements of a classic pop song yet sticking to soft rock.

There is only one Ash album better than this one. 1977. But, to be second best to 1977 is not shameful. Far from it. The best tracks from the album are easily chosen. Shining Light, Burn Baby Burn, Sometimes and There's a Star. These four tracks are sheer brilliance. I love the quality of the vocals and the instrumentals. Only thing I dislike is that because I overplayed it when I first got it, it got less interesting. If it were stolen, I would buy it again. If I lost it, I would find it.