Nu-Clear Sounds review by Ash

Ash: Nu-Clear Sounds

Following the Phanomenal success of '1977' Ash came back with Nu-Clear Sounds. This albums sound was much darker than the earlier albums and to be honest not as good. The addition of new guitarist Charlotte Hatherley gives them a harder edge but the use of a DJ on some tracks just doesn't sit right with there style of music.

It's well known that this album was delayed due to Tim suffering from writers block. However the lyrics are still brilliant apart from the childish 'Numbskull'. The songs change from being agggresive to soft continuosly and the lyrics in 'Death Trip 21', which tells the story of the death of a drug dealer, are fantastic. Meanwhile Tim Wheelers voice had improved from the last album and really hit the mark.

Compared to there other 4 albums it would come 3rd but it is still a very good album. Some songs let it down as they only serve the purpose of being filler. Stand out tracks include, Jesus Says, Wildsurf, Death Trip 21, Fortune Teller, Low Ebb and Projects. I love the way the music changes from being aggresive on one track to being soft on the next and then back again. If I lost the album I would definatley get it again.