Autobiography review by Ashlee Simpson

• Released: Jul 20, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Ashlee Simpson: Autobiography

My God! What the hell is she doing on a guitar tabs site? The sound is of pure bubble-gum, punk-wannabe, assanine, Clear Channel Radio pop! She has no true musical talents. I feel sorry for the band that has to back her up. My sister plays s--t like that on the radio in the car all the time, and to be honest, anytime my CD player's batteries die and I have to be stuck listening to that on the whole ride, I would rather blow my brains out. No guitarist in his/her right mind would ever play her stuff. Her sound, in layman's terms, sucks!

Her skills! What skills? If you are one of the many true music fans out there, her sales should have stopped after that SNL lip-syncing fiasco. Then she has the nerve to perform at a televised football game! Like I said, I feel sorry for her band. Her lyrics lack any sort of true emotional sense. At least some of us unknown songwriters can write a pretty damn good song by ourselves.

This is crap. That's capital C, capital R, capital A, capital P, crap! This the type of CD I would use for target practice with a 50 caliber. She is a hack, plain and simple. She has no right to be in the spotlight while guitar gods like Steve Vai, The Satch, and Zakk Wylde remain in only tight knit groups. So if you're reading this and have any respect for the world of music at all, trash this album! And I am through!