Autobiography review by Ashlee Simpson

• Released: Jul 20, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Ashlee Simpson: Autobiography

What is there to say? She screeches at the microphone and makes you cringe. Her band has suffered enough because of her. Especially after the SNL disaster where she blamed her drummer and then afterwards she then blamed it on acid reflux. Even after that she sang at the football game where she was booed off stage for her singing (screeching). Enough said.

The lyrics aren't so bad as the singing (screeching). Mainly because they were written by a great person (John Shanks). Songs I really dislike in her album is just let me cry and lala. More specifically in just let me cry, the bit where she screeches about how shes a girl in a messed up world is horrible. But songs like shadow are well written. Not well sung.

Besides her dying her hair constantly form blonde to black and back and forth. She is just another punk rock wannabe who just doesn't seem to be able to sing. I still like her sister better mainly because she seems to be who she seems to be. Ashlee Simpson can join the many teen singers like Lindsay Lohan, Hillary Duff And Jojo. In a couple of years she be not as fmaous as she used to be.