Stand Up and Scream review by Asking Alexandria

• Released: Aug 25, 2010
Asking Alexandria: Stand Up and Scream

Emmure said it best with "Sound Wave Superior," though lacked to fill the shoes. Soncially, this is the greatest album on the face of the planet. "Stand Up and Scream" is simply put as Joey Sturgis's masterpiece. It provides punnishing breakdowns, flawless brutality, beautiful melodies, insane vocal ability, and sheer intensity by every part of the band. Songs like "A Candlelit Dinner.." and "Not the Average American" will have you jump right into the vocals, while songs like "A Single Moment.." and "Nobody Don't Dance.." have the vocals jump out at you. "I Was Once...a Cowboy King" stands out with it's brutal finnish and "The Final Episode..." keeps punching you in the face with Danny's favorite phrase. No album is complete without an epic. To further confirm that theory, "Stand Up and Scream" provides plenty of them. Songs like "If You Can't Ride Two Horses.." and "A Prophecy" never let go of your attention. An album of epic proportions deserves a grand finale. "When Everyday's the Week End" is the dark before the dawn. A perfect end to an amazing album. All in all, this album is a "must buy" and will defifnitely be on your playlist for a very long time. You will become an instant fan.

While I have heard better lyrics, the way they are crafted is very well done. Each song provides a certain line that sticks with you, which then becomes your song identifier. "Scars don't heal when you keep cutting.." "I was meant to make you smile.." "You never said goodbye.." "I knew when I first saw you, you'd f*** like a wh*re.." The actual lyrics are pretty much taken over by the way they are sung. Danny Worsnop is one hell of a vocalist and deserves props and respect. Very well done, sir.

For years, I've had my number one favorite album of all time: Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses by Slipknot. "Stand Up and Scream" is the greatest album I've ever heard and has now become my number one all time favorite. I'm a hardcore musician myself, and I nearly gave up doing it because I knew I would never be as good as they guys. Buy this album and tell all your friends about it. I'm pretty sure they will like it, too..