Purgatory Unleashed Live At Wacken Review

At the Gates: Purgatory Unleashed  Live At Wacken
Released: Mar 22, 2010
Genre: Melodic death metal
Label: Earache
Tomas's voice (in my opinion) has improved a huge amount since At The Gates broke up after Slaughter of The Soul.
 8.3
 9.6
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Purgatory Unleashed Live At Wacken Reviewed by: Deathhead93, on september 16, 2011

Sound: This is a live album of their best songs. Tomas's voice (in my opinion) has improved a huge amount since At The Gates broke up after Slaughter of The Soul, so if you are a fan of At The Gates then you should check youtube for songs from this record (they aren't very hard to find). // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are normal death metal lyrics, don't really know what to say. Just imagine music about death and torture and the rest. Tomas has improved beyond expectations since the Slaughter of the Soul, so I suggest that if you are a fan of ATG that you either listen to the stuff on youtube or pick the CD up (I bought it for 8 when I was in England, which is like $10). // 9

Overall Impression: It compares to all of the ATG cd's but with better sound quality, the guitar playing is better, the drums sound tighter and the vocals are just amazing. The most impressive song on here is my favorite "Blinded By Fear". Just beyond words. If it was stolen I would buy a new one, they are rather cheap. Oh by the way, the Limited Edition comes with a patch and a guitar pick. // 8

Comments