Slaughter of the Soul review by At the Gates

• Released: Aug 20, 2002
At the Gates: Slaughter of the Soul

This ablum is great and you can't expect anything less from one of the pioneers of the gothenburg melodic death metal sound. The vocals are intense and well done, The guitar parts are melodic and agressive, The drumming is good though it does get repetitive, and the Bass playing also is quite good.

The lyrics are not bad but to be honest I normally don't pay attention to the lyrics all to much. I do pay attention however to the singer skills. The singer for At The Gates delievers a lot of anger and agression over the great guitar riffs and seems to be very enthusiastic when it comes to the music.

This has to be one of my favorite albums ever, I know everyone says that it's over rated but to me it's just very well done and the band is talented. I wish At The Gates didn't break up because they good have made somemore very good ablums but we still have the haunted! This is a great album and if were lost or stolen I would buy it again(obviously) I recommend it to anyone who doesn't have it already.