Slaughter of the Soul review by At the Gates

• Released: Aug 20, 2002
At the Gates: Slaughter of the Soul

Wow the sound of this song is just great! The vocals were a little etchy but, one you get used to them, it just goes with the killer riffs. The guitarists in this band blend well together and work with alot of power chords. The main song I enjoyed was Cold. Its killer intro left me in amazement. Great drummer too. And I can never hear the bass but when I do it's awesome. And the vocals are ok but other than that great sound.

My impression of the lyrics is that they are pretty much destined for hell! Great lyrics though. Very doomy and death related. I love the harmony between the lyrics and the music. When he's singing about killing you want to kill. When he is singing about doing you want to die and so on. Singer skills? Not that great but fits the music.

At The Gates stands alone when it comes to '90s metal bands. I'll give you the three most impressive songs: Cold, Sluaghter Of The Soul, Scuicide Nation. Great songs. I love the guitars and the drums beats. I dislike the singer but you can cope with him. If it was stolen I would kill the guy and get it back, but if I lost it I would definitly buy it again.