Tourist review by Athlete

• Released: Jan 31, 2005
  • Users' score: 8 (1 vote)
Athlete: Tourist

The band is simply amazing and they've developed a class of their own. They have this very techno sounds mixed in some of their songs to give it a different vibe that sounds pretty unique and rare. The composition of the songs that have been delivered in the album is simply par relaxing and soothing to oneself. Athlete is one of the rare bands coming from the U.K. and their talent is yet to be witnessed by people but I'm sure that as many more number of people listen to them, the more would be their fan following as their music just takes you away from the day to day life. I look forward to listening more of their music in the future and I hope they never disband ever.

Their lyrics are a bit hard to understand or interpret by the masses. They are a band in place for those niche listeners that can go a page ahead to understand what Athlete proposes out to their listeners and is not meant for just the ordinary listener or in other words, the pop audience. They've got deep meaning to most of their songs and the best part about "Tourist" is that all the songs are in perfect melody of the lyrics.

"Tourist" gives an overall impression of this amazing sound with perfect lyrics which are hard to understand at first but as you give it frequent ears, they become more understandable and more familiar to your reasoning of the songs. Non-uniformity in songs is present or in other words, All songs in this album are not same but quite different from each other for various moods of the listener which is a good thing as you can switch on to the songs that you'd like according to your craving. I was a massive fan of them and always thought to buy this album and when I finally purchased the album, I loved all the songs and was impressed by their uniqueness and their talent as they have emerged to be one of the wonderful bands that have not been heard by many people in the world But they deserve all the praise and fan following. Do Give Athlete A Listen!