The Crash Of '47 review by Atomship

• Released: May 4, 2004
Atomship: The Crash Of '47

With a sound that shifts between metal and punk rock and between the black album era Metallica and Tool (odd comparison, I know, but check em' out then you'll understand). The whole CD is consistently awesome. It's hard to grasp but I honestly haven't heard anything this original in a long, long time.

The lead singer, Joey Culver, has a great voice to say the least, Everything seems to fit when he sings it. One of the strongest points of this album is its originality. Even the title, the crash of '47, wouldn't be understood by many, but in truth it relates to the "rosewell UFO crash". The lyrics are great because of fact that they don't have the same "I'm heart broken, feely, feely B.S." that almost every song out there today has. In fact the lyrics deal with subjects more along the lines of Mothra (a godzilla movie monster) and aliens.

The bottomline here is, you need to check these guys out. I'm not just saying this. Go to there site www.atomship.com and listen to there single "pencil fight", it's an incredible song. Altogether listening to this alblum, translates into time well spent and I'll leave it at that.