The Crash Of '47 review by Atomship

• Released: May 4, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Atomship: The Crash Of '47

The sound of Atomship is simply over whelming. The Opera metal style voice of Derek Pardoe, the heavy yet not quite metal guitar rifts by Nathan Slade and Derek Pardoe to the excellent drumming of Chad Kent. Truly it is something that can not be duplicated.

The lyrics while flowing well often tend to be depressing. Just take a listen to the first track on the album Day of Daze. Third verse "Help me I'm wasted my heart has been lost in the rain. Covered in ashes and dust my tears pump through your veins. Father where are you? I thought you were my friend. Well I'll be your mother, your Mary, your Jesus and Zen. It was a good day she died." Just a little bit of a downer along with Pencil fight one of the two songs to make it as a single. Derek Pardoe's vocals will just blow you away as he hits different levels of incredible.

This should be listed as one of the greatest albums ever written. It combines the melancholy style of lyrics with heavy yet soothing powerful guitar rifts. The songs can often be a downer which may remind you of t a little bit Nirvana only the singer can actually sing and the drummer is piggy backing on his past musical career. I found nothing wrong with this album except that it is a little hard to get. It is a major disappointment though that Atomship broke up in 2004. Overall this is an album that is worth the 12 bucks or whatever it's going for now.

JimBonJovi
    Excellent album by what was a severley underrated band!
    ambrooks5
    I couldn't agree more. When I discovered this band I had a Holy Shit moment! The whole band is crazy talented but that drummer is just sick!!