A Death-Grip On Yesterday review by Atreyu

• Released: Mar 28, 2006
Atreyu: A Death-Grip On Yesterday

Atreyu is a metal band. I would compare them to Bullet For My Valentine. They aren't emo. Some of they're songs are almost all screaming (not they're best work). Most song have heavy riffs and only a couple songs have solos (but when you here um you'll be blown away). But they don't sound like any other band out there except for B4MV.

The lyrics are literate but some don't make sense. Sometimes you can't understand them 'cause of the screaming! No song really tellz a story but they are ok. As some of you know this band has 2 singers Alex sings all the heavy stuff while Marc is mellowed out. But they're both good in there own way.

Just looking at the album cover makes you wanna say WTF! But after listening to this it leaves you witha taste of Bullet For My Valentine in your ears! But they do not dissapoint with this album! The best songs are Ex's And Oh'S, Shameful, Our Sick Story, We Stand Up, and Untitled Finale. The music does not disspoint! If this was lost I would not sleep, eat, walk, drive, or breathe until it was replaced (because I can't stop listening to Ex's And Oh's).

UnDarkGuitar
    I personally bought the album... and i dont see how anyone can call them "Black Metal" whoever started this should get their genres straight... sorry if that sounded mean... it wasnt ment to... -Jeff
    Maggotkiller
    It is awesome the best song on this album is untitled finale It beats the hell out of the curse
    aintlifegrand
    I've ahd this cd for the past month, ah the glories of the internet, and I was impressed. Although the best song is most likely Creature, Untitled Finale is one of my fav's as well. This is good, but The Curse was good too.
    DareBear02
    First and foremost I've been following Atreyu since Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses, and I'd have to agree that yes, they are a metal band, or metal core if you wanna get really picky. I heard this CD about twice and I'd have to say I'm super f*cking disapointed with this album. The tracks sound week, the lyrics left something to be desired and ALL THE SONGS COULD FIT PERFECTLY ON THE CURSE. Nothing has changed, they still have the same trite sound from there previous effort. I even gave the album a second spin and I still couldn't get into it. I'm a fan of Atreyu, but they really dropped the ball and did NOTHING original or exciting. The kids that think this record is awesome should check out other REAL metal bands from the likes of In Flames and or Soilwork. But that's just my opinion, I was never a fan or mascara on guys, tight girl-pants or white belts. And it seems that's what Atreyu fans mostly look like, but hey whatever floats your boat.
    ready4thebreak
    Well hey I hope it's better than Avenged Sevenfold and Bleeding Through(total phuck up)'s Cds. They both trashed Atreyu but their last release sucked. I read their article in Revolver of how they were going to remain original but they really didn't have any examples, so I'm not surprised it sounds the same.
    everytimeifry
    ArcticSpektre
    everytimeifry wrote: Atreyu is not metal. for the last damn time. i love atreyu and this album is good, but they are not metal. listen to nile, slayer, cerberus, burzumm, or pantera and try to tell me that atreyu is metal.
    Listen to Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, 1991-1998 Metallica, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, For My Pain, Ratt, Motley Crue. ....then try to convince me that Atreyu is something else than "emotionally-charged" metal. Let's get it straight, I don't wanna start a fight here, but just point out the fact that Nile, Slayer, Cerberus, Burzum and Pantera are among the purest Thrash, Death and Black bands existing. There is another side to the Metal Medal, y'know.... Power and Heavy branches.
    henza_x
    ok i bought this album, and its not as good as the curse or suicide notes, darebear is 100% correct, the album goes for 30 minutes. INNOCENT VICTIM is a moron, alex screams and brandon saller, the drummer sings. only get the cd if ur a big fan, the only difference from this and the curse is that the guitar solos are way better
    Drop-A
    Black metal.....are you serious or are you joking joking? the curse is way better, this ones way more pop/punk, not enough screaming.