A Death-Grip On Yesterday review by Atreyu

• Released: Mar 28, 2006
Atreyu: A Death-Grip On Yesterday

The band are amazing, and I really do enjoy they're music as something seems to make them different slightly, and when I got this CD I gave it a few listens and I definitely hear that same sound, except slightly more varied, definitely a good quality. However I do feel that 'The Curse' is a better album and I reckon 'A Deathgrip On Yesterday' is too short, at only 31 minutes it is over pretty quick and this means that each of the songs are also relatively short.

The lyrics in this album are mostly OK, however some of them struck me as unimaginitive and particularly 'you cause my liver to turn to dust' (or something like that, in Ex's And Oh's I think) seemed to sound pathetic to me, however it is OK overall. The singing is fine except some of the vocals, particularly in the last song, with the 'gang' vocals, a few voices singing/chanting/ooo-ing in harmony, sounded pretty bad to me, maybe it will grow on me with further listens.

I believe this isnt as good as previous albums by Atreyu, however it is a good album and is worth at least a listen if not a buy! I think it comes down to personal taste, it is'nt easy to love or easy to hate, it's all down to experiencing it first! I doubt I would replace it if I lost it sadly, I hope it grows on me in the following weeks!