A Death-Grip On Yesterday review by Atreyu

• Released: Mar 28, 2006
Atreyu: A Death-Grip On Yesterday

Atreyu has always been a personal favorite of mine, especailly since their EP album, fractures in teh facades of your porcelain beauty was released, they have a very unique style of their combination of lyrics and riffs, their melodic guitars correspond perfectly with the beating of the double kicker. And when I heard this new CD, I listened to it 9 times in the first night because I was so blown away.

The lyrics on this ablum were especially mezmerizing they left powerful messages in their songs with words like, "Here's to burying hatchets with those youve never called your friends, well start the new day witht the death of an old one," to me that truly just tells about alll the abuse theyve taken over the years, and it perfectly fits with the whole CD, way to go guys!

By far the best metalcore album I've herard in years! I was very impressed with the curse, but when A Death-Grip On Yesterday came out, it opened up a whole new music genre! what that genre is? I don't know, but it is definetly one to not be forgotten! If this CD was stolen, I would buy the album even before it got stolen, Atreyu never ceizes to amaze me, and I'm sure they will continue to do so!

GreenScreenMovi
    Ha, you guys are arguing about the genre of Atreyu, then after going through all of that trouble, you say that they suck. Wow. But anyway, I personally like this album except for "The Theft" and "Ex's and Oh's" because well, there just not Atreyu.
    KsE60
    [quote]tyri wrote: For your information, Venom aren't black metal. They just created the name. Then what the hell are they
    boyan89
    whoops for my review in the lyrics i meant brandon sings the chorus's
    BassNewbie
    its sounds like the curse with less screaming and less guitar solos
    what? any wayz ateyu is metalcore...death metal and black metal are way more intense than this. Love em anywayz!