A Death-Grip On Yesterday review by Atreyu

• Released: Mar 28, 2006
Atreyu: A Death-Grip On Yesterday

This album was a huge step up for Atreyu. It was alot heavier and lighter. The first song,"Creature" is a great opening song for a metal album. The song "The Theft" shows their maturity in terms of talent and taste. It is not so cliche like their first album. The album takes 180 degree turns allthe time. All in all it is just a great album.

If you are farmiliar with Atreyu, you know Alex and the way he writes, Dark and Deep. This album features a lot of Brandon's writing which is more of an immature writing style, you can tell exactly what he is talking about. His writing skill is great, but I have become so used to the way Alex writes, "Live, Love, Burn, Die" Alex is also featured singing on this album. I find it so different but it opens up so many doors.

Right now, "Death-Grip on Yesterday" is my favorite Album. I gor it the week it came out and it hasn't left my CD player since. The songs "My Fork In The Road...", "The Theft", and "Untitled Finale" are the most impressive to me. This is their best album. There is not one thing I do not like about it. If I had it stolen, I would buy it that day. Period.

atreyukicksass
    personally, i think Atreyu has their own genre,a mix metal, emo, me and my friend think they a little late 80's rock in it cuz of the riffs, screamo stuff, and a few others. i mean thats MY opinion, "oh and... theyre emo/punk metal! get over it. musicians should get better... faster... louder....have more to say.... not dumb down to appeal to the masses" they didnt write for the masses, they wrote for themselves. i love atreyu alot and i really dont think they'd write for the masses just yet, give em....till 3000 then they might suck
    mullenmetal
    why can't we just call them METAL not emo punk/metal or metalcore its all just METAL!!!!!
    Sora 01
    I like heavy stuff like slayer and megadeth, metallica heack i even like necrophagist i thought this album was pretty good stop your whining about the genre like alot have said they should all be just called metal no fecking metalcore forward slash this and that
    boyan89
    i meant to say up there how can Atreyu be death metal they aernt heavy enough to be their heavy metal,punk metal and alternative metal