A Death-Grip On Yesterday review by Atreyu

• Released: Mar 28, 2006
Atreyu: A Death-Grip On Yesterday

In my opinion, Atreyu is one of the best bands in the world. With crushing guitar riffs and outstanding vocals, there are few bands that can compete. They are mainly a heavy metal group and they are probably the only band I have ever heard that has the drummer singing the melodies of the songs. They do this more in this album.

The lyrics of the band have meanings, whether it's just about meeting a girl at a bar for the second time (Ex's And Oh's), or about decisions and betrayal (My Fork In The Road (Your Knife In My Back)), they always get a clear message across. Different sounds and styles of music call for lyrics that comply, right? Atreyu nails it perfectly with all of the songs. The screamer is amazing, and not a half bad singer either. But when the occasion calls for it, the drummer steps in with his great singind voice to do the melodies or chorus.

This is definetely their best album to date, but their last album (Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses) was pretty good too as far as lyrics went. I think that the most impressive sons on this album are Ex's And Oh's, and Shameful. I love everything about this album, and the only thing to dislike is that one or two of the songs are kind of repetitive. If it were stolen or lost, I wouldn't worry because I downloaded it onto my iPod, but if I didn't have that, then I would definetely buy the same one.