Lead Sails Paper Anchor review by Atreyu

• Released: Aug 28, 2007
Atreyu: Lead Sails Paper Anchor

To me, this is the band's best work yet, a great, catchy yet unique album. It sounded different in ways to their previous work, but Atreyu have definately not succumbed genre change as many bands these days have. Amazing guitar riffs, solid drum lines and a great backbone of bass combined with Alex Varkatzas' powerful voice makes for a greatly enjoyable album.

The lyrics are excellent, they tell a great story all the way through, and Alex Varkatzas' voice is truly amazing, as per usual. Atreyu have put forth some very meaningful lyrics, that tie extremely well with each song, making each track sound radically different to the last.

I find that Falling Down is my favourite song off the album. It is a great listen, I couldn't get sick of it! I haven't found anything to dislike about this album, everything is just so great! I would definately, no questions buy this again if it were stolen.

JB guitarist
    Usually when a band changes like this I try to listen to the cd like if it was a band I've never heard before. I tried doing it with this cd but I still didnt think it was good. Maybe Im just not into the style that they are going for but I like the old music wayyyy better. And its not because of the screaming. I just really dont like the music that much. It can get good at times whenever and the guitars will be amazing. But all in all almost every song on this cd let me down. Their where only 2 songs on the album that I could listen to and that is Doomsday and Becoming the Bull.