Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses review by Atreyu

• Released: Jun 4, 2002
Atreyu: Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses

Atreyu is a very hardcore band but for them to have classicle piano intros and classical solos was very relaxing, on top of that have such melodic finger tapping methods. Most of the songs were related to women or relationships, examples are Lipgloss And Black is about a brake up that alex exagerated and same thing with aint love grande but the brake up wasnt his in aint love grand, it was his frends and some lines from the song are takin right from there conversdation. Tulips are better is analagy betwween a rose and a pretty girl, the analagy is that both look apealing but have thorns underneath thus tulips are better because they have no thorns. There style is emo screamo harcore.

The lyrics I could connect to through experiences in life I have had. The lyrics go with the music concidering there music for alot of songs has more of a dark effect when you listen to it. Alex Varkatzas is an extremely good singer but Bredan Saller (drummer) his melodic vocals are way better than alex's, they add a erie sence of balance to there music.

This is the best CD I have ever herd next to 2 pantera ones and the next Atreyu CD the curse. The most impressive songs on the album are Ain't Love Grand, Tulips Are Better, and Lipgloss And Black. I love the album I hate how there is only 10 songs on it. It was lost and I'm going to buy another tomorow.