The Curse review by Atreyu

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Atreyu: The Curse

On The Curse, the music is so much more different than Suicide Notes. Like someone else on this review page said it does sound Metallica-ish. The riffs (or solos, I can't remember if there are many on The Curse) are a little more melodic so they go more in-synch with the lyrics and the drumming etc. The style changed alot. Not to piss you all off but it definatly has a little poppiness to it.

The lyrics are not as good as I hoped. I have liked this band for almost 3 years and the lyrics from Suicide Notes and Fractures were much more thought out and well written in my opinion. In regards to Bleeding Mascara the song is definatly not what Atreyu orginonally was. Somebody I know mentioned that the new CD was more "hardcore." I don't agree at all it doesn't sound hardcore at all to me. But in regards to the lyrics I have to say that with an exception of maybe 2 songs, they don't measure up to lyrics from songs such as "Bleeding Hearts" and "Tulips Are Better."

Like a lot of people I was really disappointed in this album but a lot of people are starting to like Atreyu because of The Curse. If you're looking for something like Suicide Notes and Fractures in the Facades, the Curse isn't that. Many people say they like the Curse because it's not as "heavy" as their older stuff, but honestly if you were a real Atreyu fan you would want just that. The one thing I do like about this album is that it has a few songs that I liked. If I lost this cd or it was stolen I'd go out and buy suicide notes and give it to some kid who thinks the curse is the greatest thing to happen since Cambells soup.