The Curse review by Atreyu

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Atreyu: The Curse

The sound alone is worth buying the album. With the screaming and sometimes soft lyrics its a perfect balance. The drop D tunings on all the guitars affords a dark hectic sound. All of the solos are amazing except in right side of the bed. The solo sounds generic and overplanned.

The lyrics are unbelievably deep with meanings like death and life and having to start over from nothing. The lyrics and music flow seemlessly together to create a mood unlike any I've heard before. The singers skills are unsurpassed by none. Both singers actually. The drummer does all the non screaming.

Compared to Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses I would say The Curse blows it out of the water. With deep lyrics and moving guitar it's easily my favorite album by Atreyu. The best song on the album has to be 5 Vicodin Chased With A Shot Of Clarity. The deep broodiness of the song speaks volumes. I love all the lyrics but at times hate the guitar. If I lost this album I would definately shell out the ten bucks I spent on it at a walmart.