The Curse review by Atreyu

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Atreyu: The Curse

This album is where I first heard Atreyu. A friend told me that I would really enjoy it and that I was like nothing he had ever heard before. So I went home popped it in and was blown away. The sound that comes out of this album is beyond amazing. I don't think that any other band can match an opening intro to a first song like they can. The sound on every song just fits together so perfectly, it is very melodic and so very heavy. You can hear every emotion that is going on just through the sound. The key to the whole cd though I would have to say is the drums, Brandon is amazing. I play guitar but when I heard him play it made me want to pick up some sticks right then.

The lyrics on this album, like the previous album, are flawless. It is a little hard to make out just what the singer is trying to say because of his screaming but all you have to do is look up the lyrics and you will be ok. Alex is a very talented writer and singer. He is by far the best screamer I have heard. I think that the drummer helped out a lot in writing the lyrics but I am not sure. I love the way that the lyrics fit the music so perfectly. It is pure genius when you hear Alex's screaming vocals switch into Brandon's melodic voice.

This whole album to me is genius. Like I said I have never heard anything like them before. I saw these guys live at the warped tour and that threw out any negative things that I was wondering about like there singing abillity live and what not. I recomend this album to anybody. Atreyu is in my top three bands right now, along with avenged sevenfold and thrice. I have nothing bad to say about this album and that is really stange for my because I am one that if there is a flaw anywhere in a cd I will point it out. I this cd was lost or stolen I would hunt down the person that took it and beat the living crap out of them, then of course I would be a new copy.