The Curse review by Atreyu

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Atreyu: The Curse

I was hanging out with my friend, and she let me listen to her iPod. The iPod was set on random and I wasn't really paying attention to what was playing. Then I hear "The Crimson" by Atreyu (of course) playing and I'm just thinking "Who are these guys?" So the next day I go to buy this CD hoping that it would be pretty cool. Fortunatley, it was. From track 1 to track 13 this CD never ciesed to amaze me. There is a well balanced mix of the screaming deep throat vocals that we all love mixed in with the softer tone of the drummer. The quality is great and not trashy like other albums. In other words, I was deeply impresed by the quality of songs on this album.

The lyrics in these songs are great. In fact, I decided to write an essay on "The Crimson" for my AP English essay and on how this song was poetic. Like a lot of songs, a lot of symbolizm is used and if you dont get deep into songs it may be hard to figure them out. But if you read the lyrics closely, you'll find a deep meaning in Atreyu's songs, whether they are serious, or about being a blood sucking vampire, each song expresses it's reason in a genious way.

Overall, as you can tell, I was very impressed. I used to just listen to The Used and Hawthorne Heights type music. But then after I started listening to Atreyu, I've changed into a metalhead. Being, a dork who writes poetry and studies it, I was impressed with the poetic style used in their songs. Basically, this album kicked ass. Enough said. So throw away your shitty My Chemical Romance CDs and start listening to Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, Slipknot, and groups like that. It'll be the best decision you'll ever make.