The Curse review by Atreyu

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Atreyu: The Curse

They, I shall first state, are an awesome band. They have the sound that really pleasures my ears in a way few other bands can, bands such as Avenged Sevenfold. They are truly an emo band, now emo's a hot topic that many don't understand. Emo in reality means emotional, and will be all quiet and calm one minute then all of a sudden start screaming out of nowhere. Which began Emo music. And thats just what Atreyu does in this album, The Curse. The guitar is great, and being a guitarist myself I know. The drums, how I love double-bass and theres plenty to go around. The total effect that mixes together forms some kind of magical milkshake of guitar/drum/vocals from Steak'n'Shake, that entertains ones ears as a milkshake does the tounge.

Moving on, the lyrics are of a dark nature and somewhat sexual. But, not the point, they are good to say the least. But the sound of Alexs' voice is really cool and you'll just have to hear for yourself.

I covered pretty much everything now. And I think I shall part with you. After these parting words. I don't review just anything only stuff that rocks, like this, or something that sucks completly, like, well, I don't like to throw out cheap hits. But, hey, that's that, now I'm going to continue listening to Weezer, as I have the whole review.

boyan89
    i have 2 get this cd!! IVE heard The Crimson,Right Side of The Bed,Aint Love Grand and Lip Gloss And Black so ive gotta get me this cd
    DaBlackE
    I first heard of these guys in a Guitar World magagzine. Then a couple of friends kept on raving about them. So I bought this CD used. Glad I bought it used cuz I don't see what the big deal is. The guys are good guitar players, but I can't get into this shit. These guys aren't even half as good as most metal bands around. Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, Between the Buried & Me, Dillinger Escape Plan, Children of Bodom, Black Label Society, Meshuggah, Gwar, System of a Down, As I Lay Dying, Lacuna Coil, Darkest Hour, From Autumn To Ashes, All That Remains, Atreyu ain't half as good as any of these bands & I could spend all day naming more better bands. How serious can you take a band that names itself after a character in a crappy 80s movie?! I read once on this very web site these guys are what you call "mall metal". If this is what mall metal is then mall metal sucks. Don't bother with this CD. Buy a CD by one of the bands I listed instead, you're better off.
    Maggotkiller
    Death Grip is a hell of a load better than this although this cd still rocks!!!! Atreyu rocks
    cool cat
    i couldnt stop listening to right side of the bed the first time i heard it
    aint_love_grand
    atreyu frickin rox creature from the new album i couldn''t stop listening to it their new riffs are fu**in amazing but i still cant stop listening to bleeding mascara and lip gloss and balck all i have to say is listen to atreyu and DaBlackE u suck
    mullenmetal
    there are bands better than these guys and they can play guitar but this is their best album 8/10
    schecterguy
    Well I just want to say that whatever songs and music the band writes makes them who they were. So if the band decides to record a softer album, then true fans of that band would appreciate their softer side. That's it!