The Curse review by Atreyu

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Atreyu: The Curse

The sound on this CD is friggin amazing. If you want Alternative Metal, Punk Metal, or heavy metal then youve come to the right place. The sound on this CD has a lot of amazing guitars, really sick drum beats, raging vocals and flabbergasting bass. The best sounding songs on this cd are The Crimson, Right Side Of The Bed (has the most amazing solo these guys have ever made), You Eclipsed By Me, oh what the hell, every song is amazing. This is more heavier than A Deathgrip On Yesterday but Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses is way more heavier than both of them.

The lyrics on this CD is awesome to alex raging screaming to Brandons softness. Alex can screm really well he is the best screamer I have ever heard better than the guy in Between The Buried And Me. Brandon has an amazing voice on this album you can feel him speak out the meaning.

This album cannot compare to any albums because it just rules. I don't have a fav. song because all of them rule. I don't hate anything bout this album. I love everything Alex's screaming is really cool and Brandons softness shows the soft side of the song. If it were stolen I would definetely get it again.

Ameh =)
    I fu**ing LOVE Atreyu. They're great live as well. This album...some of the songs get stuck in yer head, like This Flesh A Tomb, and The Crimson. But I really do prefer Suicide Notes. This one sounds a tad run of the mill...and I don't really like Alex's screaming on this...but at least it isn't as bad as the screaming on Deathgrip. all in all, they make me shmile =)
    xunholyknightx
    Atreyu is so f***ing awesome. They are so solid yet melodic its so crazy. And alex's scream is uncomparable. Deffinatly tops with A7X and Killswitch for me.
    fender_NiNE
    not a bad band but ive heard better. their guitar player has a lot of talent but it bugs the hell out of me that they never take full advantage of that. kind of an overrated band, but still decent none the less.
    blakiss
    My Favourite Atreyu Album by far....
    angels side
    AtreyuHxCKid666
    angels side wrote: blakiss wrote: My Favourite Atreyu Album by far.... DaBlackE wrote: I first heard of these guys in a Guitar World magagzine. Then a couple of friends kept on raving about them. So I bought this CD used. Glad I bought it used cuz I don't see what the big deal is. The guys are good guitar players, but I can't get into this shit. These guys aren't even half as good as most metal bands around. Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, Between the Buried & Me, Dillinger Escape Plan, Children of Bodom, Black Label Society, Meshuggah, Gwar, System of a Down, As I Lay Dying, Lacuna Coil, Darkest Hour, From Autumn To Ashes, All That Remains, Atreyu ain't half as good as any of these bands & I could spend all day naming more better bands. How serious can you take a band that names itself after a character in a crappy 80s movie?! I read once on this very web site these guys are what you call "mall metal". If this is what mall metal is then mall metal sucks. Don't bother with this CD. Buy a CD by one of the bands I listed instead, you're better off. Between The Buried In Me, Are you kidding,Theres A Reason Atreyu left Victory Records First you Retard, although some of the bands you listed are OK (Lamb Of God, SHadows Fall, Killswitch, SOAD) Atreyu and Trivium are still my two Favourite BAnds System of a down!!!! Are you kidding me. they suck. you are disrespecting the atreyu band by even typing that bands name in one of there CD reviews.
    get the hell out of here... SOAD is one of the best bands out there besides atreyu... serj's lyrics are by far the best ive heard since chinos from deftones. and no, he is not disrespecting them. you listen to trivium, they like to be gay with metallica with their new stuff so yeah, just stfu before you start trashing a good band. nobodys disses SOAD!
    AtreyuHxCKid666
    mall metal?? wtf shit is that?