Bloom review by Audio Adrenaline

• Released: Feb 20, 1996
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Audio Adrenaline: Bloom

The sound of "Bloom" resembled the overall sound of "Don't Censor Me" (The band's second album). Lead Guitarist Barry Blair had some riveting guitar chords and grunges that really formed the album for what it is. It also had some pretty cool basslines, for example the song "Never Gonna be As Big As Jesus." Bassist Will McGinniss definitely rocked that song.

The lyrics were pretty good. Although they weren't much better than the last album's lyrics. Usually bands improve their lyrics as they go on. But they still keep the overall message in their songs and reach ou to people all across the world.

Overall, this album was mostly an advanced version of "Don't Censor Me" with just a little bit cleaner sounds and lyrics. But I'd say this album is worth buying if you're interested the in the band's earlier music.

Trudogger
    To be honest, I like this album a lot better than Don't Censor Me, because I think they matured a lot more than you think. The lyrics showed more maturity, there was no rap, and the songs contained a lot more musical aptitude as well.