Audioslave review by Audioslave

• Released: Nov 19, 2002
Audioslave: Audioslave

This Cd picks up where Rage Against The Machine left off. Free from the political views of Zack De La Rocha, the band can now focus all their energy into their music. By picking up Chris Cornell from Soundgarden, Audioslave has a powerful singer, with deep lyrics.

The lyrics in the songs are the perfect fit for Audiolslave. Chris Cornell and Tom Morello did a good job writing songs for this bands music style. All of the lyrics seem to fit into the melody really good. Singer skills are something audioslave aquired when they picked up Chris Cornell. His powerful voice rises above the music and gets the point across.

Even though I thought Rage Against The Machine was a dope band, I think Zack's voice would go better with a more heavy band. On this cd, Tom Morello is up to his usual stuff. This guy is the king of effects. I love the blend of sounds, solos, lyrics, but I wish that the bass player would play more slap bass like before. This is the first Cd I have bought in like 2 months, so it's definately worth buying. Every song on it is good, and it refelcts what Audioslave is all about.